Welcome from Principal Lodato
Dear Emerson Families,
Last year, we borrowed from teachings of Bruce Lee and centered our actions on this wisdom: “Fear not the person who knows 10,000 kicks, but rather the person who knows 1 kick and has practiced it 10,000 times.” We made progress on many fronts:
- added Preschool to extend learning opportunity;
- partnered with G Road to offer exceptional after-school programming;
- improved Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS);
- exercised a Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS);
- acknowledged students regularly for demonstrations of Respect, Responsibility, and Care;
- promoted Excellent Attendance (96%+ rate);
- and attracted and hired excellent teachers.
In essence, we know our systems, our “1 kick.” To stray from this path is to risk the abandonment of progress. To remain on it is to live those words of wisdom and to look forward.
As we gaze upon the next horizon, we continue to pursue student success, and we consider a new lesson from Bruce Lee: “The successful warrior is the average person, with laser-like focus.”
This year we will focus with laser-like intensity on clear instruction -- clarity.
We remain committed to the vision we collectively established in Summer 2019 to be an ‘A’ school within five years. It is Year 5, and we have work to do. Let’s get busy…together.
Welcome to the 2023-24 school year!