Who We Are
Welcome to Phoenix #1 iAcademy!
Phoenix #1 iAcademy is an online, virtual school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade, designed to meet children’s academic needs by offering a flexible learning schedule from any location. Students are provided a rigorous curriculum with live class sessions and independent self-directed learning opportunities. Phoenix #1 iAcademy is building independent learners empowered to take risks and who enjoy learning from the comfort of home.
Benefits of Online Learning
Students enrolled in Phoenix #1 iAcademy:
- Experience exciting learning
- Work at their own pace
- Take charge of their learning by setting goals, tracking data, creating portfolios, and participating in a student-led conference
- Receive laptops
- Enjoy learning from the comfort of home
- Have greater flexibility
- Learn at their own pace
- Are self-directed, independent, and empowered to take risks
- Are challenged using Phoenix Elementary School District’s rigorous adopted curriculum
- Receive instruction in Math, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies, Art, Music, and Physical Education
- Participate in live class sessions where students interact online with teachers and other students as well as have independent learning time
Rigorous and Supportive Curriculum for All Children
In Kindergarten – 4th grade, students will have an opportunity to learn in live classroom sessions, small groups, and through independent learning activities. We will provide live instruction in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Our staff will help students develop independent learning habits that prepare them for an individualized learning plan in our 5th – 8th grade middle school.
In our 5th – 8th grade classrooms, students will participate in four days of whole group instruction in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. In addition, they will participate in one day of independent learning that will include discussion boards, mini video lessons, and 1:1 and small group support.
Spaces Fill Up Quickly!
For more information about Phoenix #1 iAcademy, call (602) 257-2901, or email iAcademy@phxschools.org.
iAcademy Flyer – English
PDF, 274 KB
iAcademy Flyer – Spanish
PDF, 279 KB