Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
At Phoenix #1, our families are the advocates, decision makers, and collaborators who ensure that students receive equitable, inclusive, and highly effective programming.
We engage our families because…
- Family involvement in at-home learning has a positive impact on student literacy and math skills;
- Teacher-Parent communication is positively associated with overall student achievement;
- Families help to increase public support and understanding of our school programs.
Our Family and Community Engagement team builds intentional relationships between families, school, and community by…
- Creating a welcoming climate and culture;
- Engaging in frequent, two-way communication;
- Facilitating shared decision-making;
- Building trust through meaningful relationships;
- Connecting families with resources;
- Supporting student learning and engagement.