Healthy & Holistic Education
We believe in a holistic education that includes arts and physical education. We have worked hard to maintain physical education in our schools for the health and wellness of our students. Students in our elementary grade levels (K-6) participate in physical education class each week. Students in grades seven and eight participate in physical education through an elective class schedule.
We focus on Arizona Physical Education Standards and strive to develop physically educated students who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of physical activity. We believe that by participating in physical education classes students will:
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities;
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities;
- Participate regularly in physical activity;
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness;
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings;
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.