Social & Emotional Support
Each of our schools has a full-time social worker on staff to support social & emotional wellness. The mission is to create a positive impact on student achievement by supporting the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of each child. Social Workers, along with caregivers, teachers, and staff members, identify needs that might interfere with student learning and provide intervention to support the whole child's growth.
Social Worker Roles
- School-wide prevention services specific to each school’s identified goals; including bullying prevention, social & emotional learning, suicide prevention
- Peer relationship support, social skills support and conflict resolution including restorative conversations and peer mediations
- Individual and small group counseling as well as referrals to outside behavioral health services
- Social & Emotional Learning, coaching, support and facilitation
- Family and Community engagement
- When available, the provision of basic needs such as clothing, school supplies, and food supplies.
- Referrals to community resources and assistance in locating appropriate help