Food & Nutrition
Our Child Nutrition Team serves almost two million meals a year between breakfast and lunch. The team is investing their time in new and improved products to ensure we are offering items students enjoy. A taste testing method is used before each introduction, and the team is working to expand breakfast in the classroom and meal carts. While staying within the requirements of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food & Nutrition Service, the team works hard to innovate and update our menus based on input from our students. The Phoenix Elementary School District # 1 announces sponsorship of the National School Lunch Program and National School Breakfast Program. Here at Phoenix #1, we are happy to offer breakfast and lunch at no charge to all children attending any of our school sites during school year 2022-2023 unless otherwise notified.
Vision: Maintain excellence in child nutrition.
Mission: To support academic excellence by providing high-quality nutritious food to students.
Objectives: Child Nutrition Department will…
- Adhere to the guidelines established by the National School Lunch Program and National School Breakfast Program.
- Maintain food and financial integrity.
- Commit to individualized customer service to meet the needs of our students.
- Support dignity, respect, and the opportunity to pursue professional development of the team.
- Promote leaders and innovators in child nutrition.