The Arizona Education Foundation announced the 2023 A+ School of Excellence® Awards and Kenilworth School was one of 36 Arizona Public Schools receiving this coveted award! The A+ School of Excellence® Award recognizes educational excellence and is the highest state-level award given to a public school. Congratulations to Kenilworth School … we are incredibly proud of the school community!
AEF A+ School of Excellence® Award
The A+ School of Excellence® Award program began in 1983 as a way to identify, celebrate, and recognize educational excellence in schools throughout Arizona. In addition to showcasing exceptional public schools, the A+ program provides school teams with an outstanding comprehensive framework that serves as a basis for school self-assessment and planning.
Arizona schools who earn the distinguished A+ School of Excellence® Award go above and beyond the everyday practices that all schools are expected to implement.
Traits of Excellence
Schools that ultimately earn the A+ School of Excellence® designation consistently share the following traits:
- Model quality and equity
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence
- Respond successfully to the changing environment of education
- Cultivate learning-centered, safe school environments
- Encourage innovative instruction by supporting teachers
- Actively address students' social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs
- Demonstrate a superior ability to go above and beyond the norm in providing services to children, families, and the local community
Arizona Foothills Magazine Article
Read about Kenilworth's achievement in the Arizona Foothills Magazine article written by Savannah Leedy.